All My Friends Are Married

Don't Let Go.

Sunday afternoon I met up with some girlfriends for coffee and laughter. For the first time that I can remember, I was the third wheel.

While they laughed about their husbands, all I could do was sit back and watch. There were no amusing anecdotes of my own to share about the husband doing this, or forgetting that. No sweet moments that make it all worth while.

After a while, I wondered if any of them even noticed I was still setting there. I had seemed to take a back place, left out of the conversations they were having. Needless to say, it was pretty uncomfortable.

These were women that I knew before my divorce, that supported me during the divorce, that helped me afterward. But now, I'm just the odd single woman in a sea of happily married couples. I know that any of those woman would do anything for me if I asked, but they can't think of anything to talk about that lets me join in. The tribe moved on without me.

Which leaves me wondering what to do. Do I seek out new single and divorced friends? Do I stay on as the third wheel in the background? What do single moms do when all their friends are married?

Creative Commons License photo credit: samcaplat

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe by email:

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital